Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Hurricane and a Snake

Sandy was coming. Witch from the South.
I watched the vortex on the television
As her center passed over my house.

That round and round and upside down
shifted energy.

The night of the storm and rain
a small snake curled in the basement
hiding in a rolled rug. 

Sandy's circles of wind whirled and swirled
commanding spirits of the air. 
I was headed east and she sent me west
Wizard of Oz style.

Can a whirlwind carry God's voice?
Within minutes from the sky
Came a new direction and message.
Drive, meet me there at that sweet spot.

Five women brought to the Ohio river
by reasons we're not believing.

Walk with the ancestors, harps playing
Strange events, unknown, unexplained
call forth amazing grace.

Maybe this was how the world was made
from a point of chaos stirred and rotated
in a master plan not visible to us
although we had a glimpse.




No comments:

Post a Comment